It's About Time!
I developed BreakThrough Your Way™ out of a personal need to be the ME of my highest potential. And now, having found a formula that works, my greatest desire is to help you discover that potential in You.
The need to break through MY way came when I was deep in the corporate world. At this time, I was founder and CEO for my bank recruiting firm of 10 years. But the landscape was changing and the job I had done (assisting in job placement for 10 years prior) was now very different. The expectations of service changed, the attitude of both the client and the candidate altered and in struggling to adjust to this new temperament, I found myself feverishly trying to understand why I was so apprehensive to conform. Simply put, I wasn’t having fun anymore and realized it was time for me to let go and move on.
Moving on was a hard decision to even contemplate – much less act on – because my job provided the financial security for both my husband and I to maintain our current lifestyle. But it was time. I took the responsibility and made the choice to reinvent myself and help others who were facing the same situation I had faced in making my life changing decision. I shut down my recruiting company and decided to reinvent myself at age 68.
And what I found on the other end of this decision was life changing.
My approach to coaching: I don’t tell you what or how to make changes. Rather, I listen to your needs and wants. We then evaluate those interests and together develop the paradigm shift to your success.
You are resourceful and creative—you don’t need to be fixed. As your coach, I work with you to close the gap that lies between where you are now and where you want to be.
I am dedicated to growth and personal development. I have a bachelor’s degree in communication from Texas A&M University, a Master certification in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) – yes, I walked on hot coals - and a Certification in Integrative Wellness and Life Coaching. Plus my name is well known in the “School of Hard Knocks.”
My Values & Beliefs:
- Go for the magic! - Work hard, play hard, give hard – in other words be 100% present in everything I do and then do more
- Choose to be me in the best possible way – honesty, passion and integrity, balanced, walk my talk
- Be present – live everyday as if it were my last
- Choose my response – “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” Man Searching For Freedom – Victor Frankl
- Empower everyone – by respecting, honoring, upholding others beliefs & views of self and world
- Embrace and Drive Change - be adventurous, creative, and open-minded to continually evolve my thinking and embrace change while staying true to who I am
- Embrace trial & error – try things out and have fun – let go of fear and let the creative flow, failure is only feedback
- Listen wisely – hear the nuance, answer only what’s asked
- Feelings are important – understand them, acknowledge them, move through them